• Overview
  • Our team


Rollits is one of the region's top firms for planning and development matters.

Renowned, in particular, for our experience and expertise as advocates at public inquiries, our unrivalled comprehensive and coordinated service also covers many other areas of law to ensure that our clients' legal requirements are fully satisfied.

Our specialist team, one of the first of its kind in the country, has helped some of the most prestigious and iconic developments in the region become a reality. We also regularly advise landowners, commercial developers, builders, mineral operators, industrial and commercial companies, retailers and pressure groups.

Experience and expertise

Our planning team comprises dedicated specialists in the planning arena, who work with lawyers from other disciplines throughout the firm allowing us to see projects through from beginning to completion.

For developers we offer, together with our property and dispute resolution teams, a one-stop service from initial site appraisal through to land purchase, development funding, planning permission, building contract negotiations and disputes, leases, sales, and landlord and tenant matters.

Also extensive is our knowledge and experience in handling major developments including housing, industry, business parks and superstores.


‘Rollits is a friendly, approachable, honest and very capable firm.‘

The UK Legal 500 - 2020 edition

Mark Dixon – Great with clients and a safe pair of hands. Leading planning expert in the area.'

The UK Legal 500 - 2020 edition

'Libby Clarkson – Really grown as a specialist lawyer in recent years. Emerging as a key contact within the firm.’

The UK Legal 500 - 2020 edition


  • Planning Applications and Appeals
  • Development and Site Appraisals
  • Public Inquiries
  • Planning and Infrastructure Agreements
  • Negotiations with Planning Authorities
  • Enforcement of Planning Control
  • Development Plan Representations
  • Compulsory Purchase

Get in touch

To discuss our services, please contact us.

Last updated: 6 April 2021

Key contact

Mark Dixon

Direct dial +44 (0) 1482 337286

Email mark.dixon@rollits.com

Contact us