John Lane is head of the private capital department. He has specialised for 30 years in personal tax, trust, probate and charity work with a particular emphasis on estate planning landed estates and trusteeships and acts as a trustee to a large number of trusts including acting as a court appointed trustee.
"He is a good trust practitioner." and "he is mature, capable and good to work with. He knows his stuff."
High Net Worth 2020/21 - Private Wealth Law
"a very measured and sensible lawyer, and a good person to refer a client to."
Chambers UK 2017 - Private Client
"At Rollits LLP, the 'outstanding' John Lane's team focuses on providing estate-planning advice to high-net-worth individuals."
UK Legal 500 2015 edition
- Qualified: October 1988
- Joined Firm: May 1993
- Partner: May 1993
- LLB, University of London, King's College (1982-1985)
- AKC, TEP
- Country Sports, Travel, Theatre, Jazz, playing the Saxophone badly; Alpaca Husbandry; Spinning
- Governor and Vice Chairman of the Silcoates Foundation
- Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Member of the Law Society's Probate Section
Browse our people
Sign up to email news
Sign up to receive email updates and regular legal news from Rollits LLP.