National Minimum Wage rates from October 2012
The national minimum wage rates that will take place from1 October 2012 have just been announced.
1. The standard adult rate (workers aged 21 and over) willrise to £6.19 per hour (up 1.8% from £6.08)
2. The development rate (workers aged between 18 and 20)will remain at £4.98 per hour.
3. The young workers rate (workers aged under 18 but abovethe compulsory school age who are not apprentices) will remain at£3.68 per hour.
4. The rate for apprentices will rise to £2.65 per hour (up1.9% from £2.60).
5. The accommodation offset will rise to £4.82 per day (up1.9% from £4.73).
This article is for general guidance only. It provides useful information in a concise form. Action should not be taken without obtaining specific legal advice.