As a result of the Prime Minister’s statement on Monday, 23 March we took the decision to close our Hull and York offices but please rest assured that we are all working remotely from the safety of our own homes and available at the end of the phone, email or various video messaging services.
Our 2020 Vision has been a key driver in evolving, improving and redefining our services, from embracing new technologies as we come into a new digital era, to investing heavily in industry leading systems, processes and people, all of which means that we are able to comply with the government’s direction and still continue to look after you.
We have put the following specific measures in place to make sure we are in a position to help you out if and when you need us most.
- Telephones: all of our office phone lines including our switchboard have been diverted so that we can still answer your calls. However in certain circumstances your message may need to be forwarded to the best person to provide assistance so please bear with us and be patient.
- Emails: all of our partners, lawyers and key staff continue to have full access to emails. If you don’t know the email address of your key contact please visit our website where all the details are available.
- Video calls: If you would prefer to use a video messaging service such as Skype, Zoom or Teams, please contact us by email first so we can make sure that we have the software in place to facilitate this. Telephone conferencing is also available but for a large number of participants this will need to be set up in advance.
- Post: We will be opening and reviewing post as and when we can, but please be mindful that there may well be a delay in our response times. Where possible, please send documents electronically - most smart phones and tablets can be used to scan documents as a pdf file or you can just take a photo and send that to us!
- Remote working: With remote working capabilities we are fully prepared and equipped to ensure we can continue to provide a full service now that remote working is necessary. We are reviewing the situation daily and implementing robust plans to protect delivery of key client services and our operational capabilities.
We remain therefore well equipped and well placed to be able to continue to provide you with any legal advice and assistance you may need at this difficult time for everyone.
During the ongoing crisis we will be monitoring developments closely and updating our website regularly.
In the meantime if you have any queries or concerns regarding any current ongoing matters or if there are any legal issues we can help with arising from the Covid-19 contagion then please get in touch if you need us.
Please remember, we are still fully operational and here to help.
Posted on: 25/03/2020
This article is for general guidance only. It provides useful information in a concise form. Action should not be taken without obtaining specific legal advice.
Back to press releases