James joined Rollits as a trainee and moved to work in the firm's commercial and IP team when he qualified in September 2010.
He has specialised in commercial work, including commercial contracts, website terms and conditions and advice in relation to trade marks, copyright and other intellectual property rights. He also advises clients in relation to data protection issues such as policies and procedures and responding to subject access requests.
James routinely advises our education sector clients on compliance with funding rules, drafts contracts for education subcontractor arrangements and negotiates contracts for providers where they are contacting with other providers, funders or commercial organisations.
James is a former president of the Hull & District Junior Lawyers Division (2009-2011)
- Qualified: September 2010
- Joined Firm: September 2008
- BA (Hons) English Language & Linguistics, University of Durham (2002-2005)
- LLB (Hons) College of Law, York (2006-2008)
- Playing and watching football (Tottenham Hotspur supporter)
- Films and music
- Domestic and international travel
+44 (0) 1482 337312
+44 (0) 7496 868279
Browse our people
Sign up to email news
Sign up to receive email updates and regular legal news from Rollits LLP.