A free workshop which will examine how charities can implement good governance and avoid common pitfalls.
Thursday, 9 May 2019 from 09:00 - 10:30
Rollits, Citadel House, 58 High Street, Hull HU1 1QE
Charities: Rising to governance challenges and identifying safeguarding risks
Charities are operating in an increasingly challenging environment and face many external commercial and regulatory pressures. The Charity Governance Code emphasises that good governance in charities is fundamental to their success.
This free workshop explains the latest developments in this area which all charities and their trustees and senior managers need to be aware of. Solicitors from Rollits' specialist Charities Team are holding this briefing to highlight the latest legal developments and give practical advice as to how these will impact upon charities and their trustees.
This workshop will focus on:
Common Governance Problems and Avoiding Pitfalls;
- Mission Drift - focusing on charitable purpose
- Connected Party Relationships and Conflicts of Interest
- Serious Incident Reports
- Resolving Issues and Complaints
- Board Effectiveness
- Decision Making
- Risk Management and Mitigation
Common Issues with Safeguarding
- Recognising Safeguarding Risks.
- Maintaining Training and Safeguarding Skills
- Effective Management by Trustees or Senior Management
- Compliance - failure to perform and deliver
- Failings in Safeguarding Policies
The workshop will include case studies and Charity Commission Regulatory Reports.
Register for your FREE place today
9 May 2019